Unfoldings



Going to do a final day of recoding today. Throughout the last ten days I have tried not to impose any set intentions on my wanderings along the peacelines. Each day has been given up to its unfolding. I wander through the streets, talk with the people that cross my paths, tell them about myself, listen to their stories, their recollections, their concerns. What emerges from it is a particular impression. A kind of directionless drift through the sounds of the place, and in esssence that is what the aim of the installation will be (yes. directionless drifting as a focused aim. yes). To walk through the space of the Installation will be to inhabit an imaginary space between the Falls and the Shankill, but also grounded by the space that the listener occupies.



SOUNDINGS: Tiernan and Martin

No comments: